Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just a Lazy Tuesday

The day has been pretty uneventful. Woke up watched the view, showered, and then went to Wamu to pick up shirts for my first day of work. They are a lot cuter than I expected. Then I came home and decided to put some much needed work in the fall decorations that I bought at Micheal's yesterday. I have been feeling like I need to decorate the house for fall.





Then when I was bored with that I decided that I wanted to bake cookies. Well we only have one stick of butter and I don't want to drive all the way to the store for something as silly as butter so I have spent the last 1/2 hour looking for oatmeal cookies recipes without butter. I have finally found one and am going to continue my adventure...


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup white whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli chocolate chips or Hershey's special dark chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in oats, then chocolate chips. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes.



This last picture is of Nugget just because she is so darn cute!!!

1 comment:

The Chambers' said...

Where are my Cookies Wife??? You don't love me anymore : (