Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When Todd is Away...

So on Sunday Todd went to the library fairly early in the day and after cleaning the whole apartment I was still itching for something to do. I decided that I wanted to make something with the apples that we got at Costco so they wouldn't go bad. I looked and looked on foodnetwork.com and couldn't find anything that I like besides apple pie. The problem was I didn't have a pie tin. So I came up with my own idea. Apple pie cup cakes. It is basically your own personal size apple pie. I think they turned out nicely.
Other than me distracting myself on my days off life has been good. Yesterday was my first day on my own drawer without having someone watch me the whole time which was somewhat liberating. It is supposed to take new people 30 minutes to complete the end of shift tasks but it only takes 10 for some reason. My co-workers are very impressed. I am not that impressed because I am just doing what they told me to do. I haven't made any too major mistakes yet so that is good.

I am really looking forward to the holidays. I want to go to Todd's dad's house soon so we can cut down our own tree and I can start decorating. I am glad that I finally live somewhere where I can decorate how I want not really having to worry about what others think. I care what Todd thinks and all but he is pretty laid back about everything and shares most of my opions or will at least try it my way for a little bit. Anyways that's all for now

1 comment:

The Chambers' said...

I thought your apple pie cupcakes were a very good idea Wifey! You are too clever : ) If I liked cooked fruit I'd come eat some with you but I'm not a fan sorry!