Tuesday, October 20, 2009

When is a day off really a day off?

Because of crazy stuff happening at work I get to work all weekend. Which means I got today off. It is hard having a day off so early in the week. I usually forget all about it by the time saturday comes around. I took advantage of the free weekday and went grocery shopping. There was no one out it was great. I then proceeded to cook dinner for the whole week. I had this magazine article which had directions. It said you will have all of your dinners for the week cooked in less than 2 hours. The article lied. Sure after cooked 2 potatoes, cut and cook 3 onions and 2 heads of garlic, sauté red bell peppers with broccoli, then de- tail a pound of shrimp it takes 2 hours. 3 dishwasher loads later we now have dinner waiting to be reheated stored in the freezer. Next time I'll remeber to do the prep work the day before. It will be nice to come home to food that is good for us without tons of effort. Plus I can eat most of the stuff for lunch which saves tons of money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya. Even when I manage to get days off from work and school, I still end up spending my "day off" catching up on chores, homework, and errands. =p