Saturday, January 15, 2011

Red Lipstick Sunday

So everyone seems to be talking about lipstick. Especially the color red. If you know me even a little then you know my obsession with Gwen Stefani. I read in a magazine once that Gavin (Her husband) doesn't like to see her without her red lipstick on. She has even been seen wearing it while working out.
Now I have often wondered how she keeps it on all day long to appease her husband. Not only that she looks so good wearing it all day long.



After reading a couple blogs and lurking...like I usually do. I noticed that red lipstick is coming back.Well for me it never left. About a year and a half ago I've been experimenting with different shades of Red Lipstick. It all started when I was preparing for the No Doubt Concert. I bought this shade (I don't remember the brand name)at Ulta. It felt like silk going on. I LOVE IT. One problem. It smears everywhere. There are multiple pictures of me checking my teeth to make sure they are not covered with red...totally not cute.
In comes L'oreal. They came out with this incredible infallible lip cover. The "Gwen Stefanie" color is Beyonce. Yes like the singer. This lipstick has made red lipstick Sunday a possibility. You see when I found out Gwen wears her color on a daily basis I of course aimed to be a courageous as her. But of course there is something always holding me back. So instead of every day it's once a week on Sunday.
This lipstick is great. It last all day long. The only thing that makes it wear off is alcohol if you are having a little too much fun at Sunday Funday. Most all day lipsticks are too dry or the color is off. Not this one. If you love Red Lipstick as much as I or you want to try different shades I highly suggest it. Let me know how it works out for you I would LOVE to hear it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of red lipstick; I just wish I could pull it off better. I feel like when I wear read lipstick, it brings more attention to my not-straight teeth, which I'm a little self-conscious about. :P

The Chambers' said...

I need to buy this shade, thanks Wifey... I take it you saw my post about red lipstick ;)
Love you xoxo