Monday, February 23, 2009

Parenting 101

While I was wandering the aisle at Micheal's I was shocked when I heard a parent whistle at their child like you would a dog. I thought it was a little odd but moved on and didn't dwell on the event to much. Then I ventured over to Target where I again observed the same thing. I couldn't believe it. I understand needing to get a child's attention if they are distracted by the amazing things that Micheal's and Target has to offer but come on people children are not animals. Call there name don't whistle at them. Maybe this is my own personal beliefs but I could not believe it. I found it very disrespectful to the child. Their parents are using the same call for them that they would use for the family pet. Now I am no parent but I hope that when the time finally comes I will treat my children with a little more dignity and respect.

No comments: