Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July and Zuma



My 4th of July was fabulous. It started Friday night when we went to pizza and watched fireworks on top of the Chico State parking structure. And of course I forgot my camera so I was unable to document my evening. That is one of my many new goals. To take more pictures. How am I going to become a fabulous scrapbook-er if I don't have any pictures. And another goal. Print pictures. But I digress. On Saturday we went to Upper Crust where we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Then we went to the Saturday Morning Market. Monica and I have a standing date to attend the Thursday Night markets but because we are both usually working we rarely get to attend the Saturday Morning one. After the market and getting some amazing blackberries, peaches, and some bread from Tin Roof Bakery; we went and looked at some books at the used book store. Then we went and had hot dogs at Monica and Chris' house. After lunch we went to see the Hangover. It was a pretty good movie. Then we went back to Monica and Chris' house for the best tri-tip, baked potato, and salad I have ever consumed and some apple pie all accopanied by some Mojhitos. It was pretty much the best Saturday you could ask for.


Oh and we also adopted a kitten. Her name is Zuma. She is named after Gwen Stefani's son. I think it is fitting for a cat but not so much a human but she (the cat) is probably the clostest I will get to naming a living creature after something Gwen related so I'll take it. The two cats are finally getting along. It is so cute to see them play together.

No comments: