Saturday, November 20, 2010

Life and Stuff

Working 40 hours a week is insane.
Working 40 hours a week and having 3 classes is even more insane.
I had a final this week for my legal analysis and writing class. It went ok. It was basically a practice test for the real thing in 3 weeks.
I had a mental break down this week. I think it was more out of pure exhaustion more than anything. Josh got to hear me cry on the phone for a good 20 minutes. It was a combination of being frustrated with not knowing how to do everything at work (because I'm still in training) and frustration with my writing teacher because she doesn't know the rule of law. There is also the fact that I no longer have time in my day to eat the required amount of food that is needed to function. Because I go straight from work to school and my new work doesn't have a space large enough for me to fit food to refrigerate I don't pack anything. I also don't have time to go get dinner somewhere after work and before class. By the time class is over it's to late to eat. So yes I no longer eat dinner. (Don't worry I am getting a lunch box this weekend to amend this problem so no lectures please)
So as a result of everything that has been going on I had a mental breakdown.
It's ok though because Cassie fixed it. She texted me Wednesday and said that there was a present for me when I got home. I thought she just meant that Tessa sent me a package or something and didn't think much of it. So I get out of class and go to the apartment and walk into the kitchen and the dishes were done. I thought that was really nice considering I no longer have time to do that sort of thing and thought that was what she meant. She didn't stop there. I go to my room and my desk that had previously been covered with varies projects was completely clean. She lined up my shoes. Put clothes in the hamper. Made my bed. And bought me flowers and ice cream. She said that she hoped that it would make my day better. It was seriously the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.
As a result of the afore mentioned mental breakdown I decided I need a break. I was planning on staying in Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving. I have decided that since I won't get to see Josh til Christmas that I am going to venture to Sacramento for the holiday. It will be nice to have 4 days with the boyfriend. I'm excited to see him and spend time with his family and get to know them more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, girl. Working 40 hours a week and going to school IS crazy, but I can't say I haven't done it. :P

I know this is what you have to do right now, but just remember first and foremost to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

That is all. <3

Theresa said...

Ahh Gina I miss you :) I know it will pay off in the end. I am following my dream and it's only for 3 1/2 more years. Not that long when you think about it.

Plus it makes me treasure the time when I am not running around like a chicken with my head cut off ;0)

The Chambers' said...

I can't wait to see you Wifey!
I'm sorry about your diffcult week, but I promise to make it better :)