Dear grandpa,
Happy birthday. You always told me you brought the sunshine. It is true. Whenever I think of you I smile. I miss you everyday. I wish that you were there to warn me about the bad choices I made when it came to the opposite sex. I also wish that you could be around when I finally figure it all out and pick a good one. One like you. I wish that you could give me away on my wedding day. You will be there in a way though because you are always in my heart. I am the person I am today because of you. I know when I was a teenager I wasn't the easiest person to get along with. I think that's because we are so much alike. Always right and too stuborn for our own good. I am glad I got to spend all the time with you that I did. From weekly trips to burger king with Russel, sitting on the back porch eating watermelon, swimming at the elks lodge, and many other great memories and expeirences I would have never had if it weren't for you. You taught me how to fish, hammer a nail, change a tire. You sent me to college with a tool box and in my first apartment whenever anything broke my roommates turned to me to fix it because I knew how to because of you. You taught me that if you love someone you stick by them. You came to my rescue on so many different occassions. I hate to think what would happen if you weren't there to save me. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for visiting me in my dreams on occassion. And thank you for letting grandma stay with us a little longer. I know you are smiling down on me with that big goofy grin of yours.
I know you are looking down on me and I hope you are proud. I am beyond greatful that I got to tell you how much I love you one last time. I am the person I am today because of you. I hope you are enjoying a nice glass of scotch in heaven today on your birthday. I love you grandpa.
No comments:
Post a Comment