Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation!!

My vacation
With work making so I can't earn anymore vacation time over a certain number of hours I decided to take some time off so I could get all the vacation I deserve. So off to Sacramento I went. 
The drive was aweful as expected. But I survived thanks to a rockstar. Upon my arrival a lovely gentleman took me to dinner at the cheesecake factory where I had the best salad ever. It had mango and cucumber and was fabulous. 
The next couple days were spent spending time with friends from high school and catching up on old times and discovering what was new. 
I went to the San Francisco zoo with Josh which was pretty entertaining. :)
I went to Chico to spend some time with Monica and Chris. While there I realized how much I missed that little town of mine. That town gave me my first chance to be free. But I have grown and moved on to way better things since then. 
I returned back to Sacramento where I had lunch with Cheryl and Lauri. We used to work at the park together and grew super close through what life has dealt us. Lauri is six month pregnant with her first child and couldn't look cuter. I am so happy for her and her husband. And I have learned that Cheryl means positive and perserver. That woman can do anything. And she's still smiling. She is such an inspiration. Lunch was amazing. Four hours flew by like ten minutes. And I got to feel the baby kick!
That night Tessa came into town so we had a reuion with our old roomie Kristen. Then Tessa, Josh, and I attempted to go dancing with the wifey and her fiancé but that failed. We still had fun hanging out and chatting. I can't wait for Courtney's wedding next month :)
The next day was a lazy one. Me and Tessa headed back over to kristens and relaxed watching tv and laughing.
Then it was time to head back to Santa Barbara on Sunday. 
Overall it was a pretty good vacation. I got to spend some time with my amazing friends. It was also nice to get a surprise visit from my uncles!! An added bonus is that I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world. I couldn't ask for someone better. He is super sweet, caring, and genuine. I'm pretty lucky :) 

No comments: