Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh life

These past couple weeks have not been the greatest. It started with me having to take a week off work because I was sick. After finally getting better things were good. 
Then one day on the way to the gym at 5:55 am I was on the freeway. There was a dog. We have now decided it was a coyote. I swerved to miss it. I lost control of the car. I over corrected and ended up hitting the right guard rail on the freeway. You can even see the skid marks when you drive by. I'm ok. The car will be ok. It's still drivable. I believe the dog is ok. 
I know most people will say that you should have just ran it over. That thought is scary. This animal came up to the hood of my car. I feel as though if I would have actually ran it over the emotional turmoil it would have brought on would be with me forever. And heaven forbid if it would have got stuck under my car or came through my windshield. 
Anyway the good news is in a couple weeks my car will be back to normal. Sure my insurance will go up slightly but in the end it's worth it. Most importantly I am ok. If it would have happened a foot or two sooner I wouldn't have hit a guard rail but rather gone into a ditch or hit a tree. So I think I'm pretty lucky. 
This week has been another week of sickness. I've have a fever of over 103 for two days straight. The doctor says I have a flu and an ear infection. I am so bored sitting at home. It wouldn't be so bad if I had energy to study or clean. But every time I get out of bed I feel as though I am going to fall over. Oh and not having insurance makes doctor visits and prescriptions very expensive. I hope the government comes up with a solution soon. I can't imagine what people who can't afford it do. 
Oh well life will get back to normal soon. 

No comments: